You can install windows on vmware image using scsi disk. But XP will tell you that they can’t find any HD.
For this you have to include scsi driver as floppy disk during installation : F6 -> specify driver -> A: -> use scsi driver -> continue 🙂
More details here.
Apple forbid to install mac os x “client” to install to any virtualization software. You can install only max os x server version.
To install it you need to pretend that “client” is “server” 🙂
- create iso
- mount it and create file which pretend that client is “server”
- touch “/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Library/CoreServices/ServerVersion.plist”
- it will reboot machine and tries to start from already installed instance – but you will get error that it is not “server” version
- you have to boot again and start installation from iso
- after 2 “yes” clicks you can run terminal from utilities from top menu and run command
- touch “/Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/CoreServices/ServerVersion.plist”
- you are done
Of course this is breaking apple/vmware linceses.
more info can be found here.