juniper VPN with Snow LeopardPosted: September 7, 2009
If you are using Juniper VPN on Snow Leopard you will encounter problems. Basically you will not be able to install it.
Apple has messed up permissions and move some folders.
To making Juniper VPN work again you need to follow this steps:
- Install stand alone Juniper VPN version 6.0.0 (Google NetworkConnect.dmg or just directly download it from here)
- run this sudo commands in terminal
- sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/juniper/nc/6.0.0
- sudo mkdir ‘/Applications/Network Connect.app/Contents/Frameworks’
- Log to your companies remote VPN site. (This usually upgrade your VPN to newer version. My VPN was upgraded to 6.4.0. This number is important !! You can find it if you go /usr/local/juniper/nc/ check what directory was created there)
- Run again sudo commands to repair the permissions again, otherwise you will get some error that you can’t connect
- sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/juniper/nc/6.4.0
- I have run also the second command, but I guess you don’t have to run it.
That’s all 🙂
PS: I had one more problem:
So basically go to the root of your mac (I used terminal or iTerm) and just create in root empty file: /xxx.txt