syncing NetNewsWire with Google ReaderPosted: February 27, 2009
NetNewsWire is mac application for reading RSS. Google reader is the same but online version.
To sync both applications together you have to do this:
- Manage Subscriptions (bottom left corner)
- Import/Export tab
- “Export your subscriptions as an OPML file” -> save OPML file (this is XML file with OPML structure)
Either import into netnewswire application or if you have account in newsgator import it there
- Import in NetNewsWire
- File -> Import Subscriptions -> import OPML file you have downloaded from Google Reader
- Properties -> Syncing tab -> Starting over tab -> replace subscription on newsgator
- Import into newsgator
- Add Feeds tab -> URL & Import tab -> Import OPML tab -> import Google reader file
- sync with NetNewsWire
Why I am using both ?
Google reader is easy to connect from any computer, even there is application for iPhone called GRiS