pdaNet – how to downgrade pdaNet to v.1.33 – no trialPosted: January 3, 2009
I have been writing about iPhone and using it as modem for your laptop.
After updating pdaNet using Cydnia, it upgraded to version 1.40 and I have found out that the new version is time trial version. Whoops. Ok, it is only 30$ for license, anyway here are few steps how to downgrade to version 1.33.
- find pdanet1.33.deb on cydia
- ssh to your iphone (ssh mobile@ip -> password: alpine (by default))
- move your downloaded pdanet1.33.deb to iPhone (scp, winscp)
- on iPhone:
- su (password alpine) – get root user
- mv pdanet1.33.deb /var/root – move your file to /var/root
- dpkg -i /var/root/pdanet1.33.deb – install the file
- restart iPhone
That’s it 🙂