jailbreaking iPhonePosted: November 13, 2008
After 4 hours I got my iPhone I started to jailbreak 😉
What is jailbreak and why do I need it ?
Your iPhone is “locked”. Apple is thinking that giving users freedom will actually destroy them. So less options you have more you are happy. I understand this as developer have to make software idiot-proof anyway I am not human who likes to be locked. So Jailbreak is exactly what it says = break jail = open the iPhone to have more control and can do more usefull things
What can you do with Jailbreak iPhone?
- install other 3rd party software not from Apps store
- openssh server – yes you can ssh your iPhone or ssh your computer when you are shoping 😉
- install software which didn’t get on Apps store
- play arround as Administrator – not only as user
- install applications/games which are not signed by Apple – if you are developing application/game and you want to test it on your phone you have to jailbreak your iPhone to be able to install it
- and other things
How to jailbreak?
To make it short here are steps what you have to do with links where it is presented step by step with screen shots
- download firmware from Apple
- downlad tool which will modify th firemware -QuickPwn
- modify the firmware
- get the iphone in recovery mode
- connect to the computer
- do last step from the QuickPWN program
- YOU ARE DONE 🙂
Here are links:
- jailbreak in MAC
- jailbreak in PC
- jailbreak in Linux – didn’t find any info, so not sure if it is possible